Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 2

Finally the time to start the real thing. I needed some ISK for PI, so I did the tutorial missions and all 5 career missions. Took some time but gave me 7.256.286 ISK. I did sell almost everything because I just need an "Iteron III" and the PI skills "Command Center Upgrades" and "Interplanetary Consolidation". It proved to be a big mistake. I soon run out out of money.

In wallet: 7.256.286  ISK
- Command Center Upgrades (450.000)
- Interplanetary Consolidation (674.867)
- Remote Sensing (289.980)
- Iteron III (719.000)
- CC Upgrade lvl 2 (1.510.000)
- Launchpad (900.000)
- Other

I was left with somewhere 150.000+ ISK and had set up only 2 planets. I had to do some missions to get money for the third planet, but because I sold everything I had to do them in a "Beginner Ship". And daim those lvl 1s are hard in such a ship. I tought to buy a Tristan to make it a bit easier, but didn't have the ISK. I asked in the corp chat for 100.000 ISK. No one wanted to give me the ISK. I got advice in the corp channel to do tutorial missions. While trying to explain the situation I got told that it's my fault for making a fail investment into PI and selling all my tutorial items o_O.


I still need money for my 4th Planet and in 12h I'll have CCU & IC skill at lvl 3 and by then I'll need to train the second character. The whole drama all over again =/.

3 comments:

  1. Heh, yeah, EVE can be cruel and unforgiving if you don't know what you're doing. I have two planets setup and they're only good for generating income in the background. Better to focus on missions and increasing standings as much as possible. Train up Connections and Security Connections and Diplomacy and you should be good. I think you can train all three up to a good level in less than a week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the downs as well as the ups. I feel your pain, I had the same problems with missioning on Vincent when I started him off.

    IMO, it is worth getting Destroyers I. They make excellent platforms to blitz level 1 without much skill investment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For future reference, you can always pick up a tiny bit more cash by doing the tutorials at the other sites. Each faction has 3 tutorial sites, there's nothing really stopping you from doing all 12.

    ReplyDelete