Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 17

I somehow don't fell happy about this Plan B. It increases workload and pays the same. And I wen't and demolished all buildings for this :P. I'm thinking about changing the whole production chain again. At this point I might lack the money for a Plan C.

Factory planets
Market and Industry, hand in hand



This new plan is simple. If I look at the PI mechanics then factory planets are the simplest ones. Input material A and B and produce material C. The hardest part is only the 1st day where you need to setup all the buildings and need to figure out how to connect them to get the most efficient setup. Such a planet, once setup won't need any adjusting, moving of extractor heads or anything else. Basically you can totally forget about a planets problem of shifting resources. This things produce the most income possible but require much more player involvement than any other plan. If I start to do this then I'll be entering a new playground as well, The Market. With plan A and B I sell all the stuff on the market at the current prices. All I care is how good my planets are and for how much that stuff sells. With Plan C I get to play the market. Every day I'll buy materials, reprocess them and sell them back. I'll have to be careful about the market. When prices change I can find myself producing for less than I bought the input materials.


1 comment:

  1. I couldn't do this bit, .01 isk battles to eke out some profit so you're not processing at a loss, most of the finished products are slow movers, and any one that starts showing a slight profit is quickly back to a loss as people flood the market trying to get rid of their stock. I'm sure it's doable but seemed way more like work than the passive income I wanted PI to be. Might as well just be a trader at this point.

    ReplyDelete